SKU: BRI-107350 | No. 271 Router Plane
This small and compact version of the router plane is ideal for smoothing the bottom of grooves, dadoes and housings. It is also useful for work such as inlaying and cleaning out hinge or lock plate housings. The cutter locks in position with a brass thumb screw. The throat is fully open on one side allowing a better view when, for example, working a stopped housing. The base size is 105 mm(4-1/8″) x 58 mm(2-1/4″), supplied with a 6.35 mm(1/4″) cutter.
Rider planes only require the bare minimum of initial preparation. The blade is oil quenched, high carbon steel, hardened and tempered to HRC 63, and only requires a little honing before use. Rider planes represent a good standard in traditional, quality plane manufacture and great value.
- Small, compact router plane for detail work
- Ideal for cleaning the bottom of grooves, dadoes and housings
- Useful for inlaying and cleaning out hinge or lock plate housings
- Fully open throat on one side for better view of stopped housings
- Supplied with a 6.35 mm wide cutter
|Net Weight||255 g (8-1/2oz)|
|Plane Blade Width||6.35 mm (1/4″)|
|Plane Sole Length||58 mm|